Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tools That Change the Way We Think

The internet/media/technology have all influenced how I think. The internet has made it so quick and easy to find information. This factor has had an impact on my ability to focus, and manage my time effectively. For example, since the internet does not require me to focus for a long period of time to find information, it is becoming increasingly harder for me to concentrate in other aspects of my life. Also, the internet tends to ruin my sense of priorities because I know I will be able to go onto Google and find the answer I need in minutes. I know I do not need to manage my time because finding the answer will hardly take up any time. My parents did not have the internet, so they most likely have better developed their time management and ability to focus. While I'm finding answers in minutes, they had to search thoroughly through a book for quite some time. Which required both focus, as well as time management. The internet/media/technology is, in a way, hindering this generation from their full potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment